Signs That Your Commercial Building Should Be Tested for Mold
Mold spores are everywhere. It can be found outdoors, indoors, at home and at work. Mold in office buildings and other commercial buildings is actually common. In fact, no indoor space is completely free from mold spores – not even a hospital’s surgical operating room.
Is Your Building Sick?
Sick building syndrome is used to describe buildings where the occupants experience acute but non-specific health problems that appear to be linked to the time spent in a building. Sick building syndrome can strike any type of business, including commercial office buildings, retail and manufacturing facilities, residential apartments and condominiums, hotels, restaurants, hospitals and even schools.
Leaking pipes, water seeping in through foundations and bad roofs are the common sources of water that mold needs to grow. Even previous water problems, such as leaks and floods, that never fully dried or were never properly remediated can be a problem. Telling your mold inspector about any previous or current problems before they begin the mold inspection process. This will help them pinpoint the problem more quickly.
Professional air testing can determine any contaminants exist and in what quantities. Samples are laboratory inspected and certified, providing official evidence that your commercial building has a problem.
Keep Your Employees And Customers Healthy and Safe
Some people are particularly sensitive to mold exposure. Young children, the elderly, and those with compromised immune systems can suffer. Even healthy people can develop allergic symptoms, respiratory problems and other long-term illnesses when exposed to mold spores over an extended period of time.